Ducted air conditioners are very energy-efficient systems, and this is why many homeowners go with ducted air conditioning installation. This type of air conditioner costs less than other types of air conditioners, but there are several things that homeowners should look out for when purchasing air conditioning units. Ducted systems are energy efficient, but there are a few things to consider when thinking about buying one. Find out what these are so you can determine if this type of system is right for you.
- Ducted air conditioning systems work well because air moves through them. The air that moves through the ducts makes the temperature inside the unit comfortable. One disadvantage is that the unit becomes hot when the air is heated because the ducts work with cold air.
- The cost of ducted air conditioning systems depends on the size and type of system you get. There is more to it than just the cost of the units, however. You have to factor in the cost of the ductwork, labour costs, and other miscellaneous costs. These costs can vary greatly depending on how much work you’re having done. The cost of having the system professionally installed can be quite high as well.
- The cooling capacity of a ducted air conditioner is an important factor to consider. This is the maximum amount of heat that the system can bring into the area. Most ducted air conditioning systems have a specified cooling capacity, but this might not be enough to cool your space sufficiently in any situation. The best way to ensure that your system can meet your needs is to get a thermal imaging scan of the area you want to cool. This scan will let you know what the most efficient room-to-room heating and cooling capacity are for the area you are planning to cool.
- If you are planning to install a new ducted air conditioning system in an existing building, you should also take into consideration the energy efficiency of the ducts. Units that are designed to draw warm air from the outside in and disperse it through the building will have a lower energy efficiency rating. These models can use more electricity than they bring in, so they will end up costing you more money over time.
- The size of the space where you are installing ducted air conditioning systems can also affect the efficiency of the system. If you are installing the system in a space with a low ceiling or walls that have little or no insulation, you may find that your HVAC system will not be as efficient as it could be. The reason for this is because warm air rises and cold air descends. You will not be able to get the best performance from the unit if the ducts run right above or below the ceiling or walls.
- Ducted air conditioning systems are relatively costly to install. This is because the ducts need to be installed by a professional. This is one of the main reasons why these systems are not installed as part of the remodelling process. If you are looking to save money on the HVAC system that you are purchasing, you should check to see how much the ductless units cost before you buy one. Most ductless heating and cooling units are less expensive than their quoted cousins. It just depends on the type of system that you are looking at.
Lastly, ducted air conditioning systems that are installed on the ceilings are often less expensive to operate than those installed on the walls.
The reason for this is because the ductless units are not in direct contact with the area above or below the area they are installing in. This means that the cooling fan has less work to do, which results in the unit operating much more efficiently, resulting in less expensive bills.